We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

usa
Level Contributor
149 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

I want to go to Asheville for a couple of nights at the beginning of November for my sons 18 birthday. He loves, hiking and biking. I like nice dinners. I thought a cabin somewhere would be nice where we could hike then have a nice meal. What area should we stay, any recommendations and is it too late to see the fall foliage? Thanks for any help.

5 replies to this topic
SE USA
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

You will probably still get some leaf color in early Nov. at lower elevations like Asheville or Dupont Forest. The higher elevations along the Blue RIdge Parkway will be past peak by then. Its still a nice time to visit.

These cabins are in a great location, close to downtown Avl and right on the Mountain to Sea trail.

https://www.ashevillecabins.com/about.html

And obviously check VRBO too. Early Nov is a very popular time to come so you may have a hard time finding a cabin close to town; check hotels too.

usa
Level Contributor
149 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Thanks for responding. No availability at the place you recommended. I have been looking on vrbo and Airbnb, but I have no idea how far things are. I don’t want to be too far from town so I can enjoy the nightlife. Amy other ideas. Would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

How about trying a bed and breakfast? We stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast in Asheville that was wonderful the Black Walnut Inn. Give it a look up it's close to town and not too far from where you can go hiking and see some fall colors. The owners will gladly tell you all the nice hot spots and places to dine, plus breakfast is absolutely wonderful

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
9,210 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

There is a new Hampton Inn and Suites a block from The Biltmore entrance. A Doubletree across the street.

usa
Level Contributor
149 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

Thank you for all who commented. We found a beautiful organic farm in Leicester to stay through Airbnb. Now I have to figure out what hikes but to miss during our brief stay! I might start a new thread.

Reply to: Where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted