We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip in April with large family

Which Asheville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
novi,mi
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
trip in April with large family

I will be staying in Asheville over Easter vacation and need a reasonable place to stay near Candler, where my dad lives.

There will be 6 or 7 of us, and we need a place to stay as a home base. Enjoyed staying at the Marriott Ren. downtown last year, that was nice but a bit too far from Candler.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip in April with large family

There are several hotels off exit 44, which will be the closest to Enka-Candler. They have different amenities, but the closest to the Renaissance will be the Ramada Plaza. It has a restaurant, bar & grill, indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, and its rooms have just undergone a complete renovation.

The only other hotel at the exit with an indoor pool is the Best Western, but its rooms are fairly rundown. It also has exterior corridors, if that's something that concerns you.

Red Roof Inn and Super 8 are obviously economy brands and you get what you pay for. Comfort Inn and Sleep Inn have nice standards as they're part of the Choice brand of hotels, but as budget options you once again get what you pay for.

The others, Whispering Pines and Nakon, are older and not at the chagrin of a national brand so take that as you will.

For the amenities and the rooms, Ramada Plaza is a great deal and as the hotel at that exit with the most rooms the rates are usually about the same as the others only you get more for the money.

Let us know how your trip goes!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip in April with large family

One thing I forgot to add ... both Best Western and Ramada were built with groups and families in mind and can pretty much guarantee connecting and adjoining rooms. Ask for Chris or Richard if you call Ramada, they've always helped me out when I've had out-of-towners or a conference.

3. Re: trip in April with large family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 27, 2009