We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garlic Mikes

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Garlic Mikes

On a visit to Colorado, a few years ago, we came across a great restaurant called Garlic Mikes. It was set back from the road in a log cabin type building. The food was great does anyone know if it is still there?

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
666 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garlic Mikes

I can't vouch for it being in the exact same location, but yes, Garlic Mikes is still in Gunnison with a 2nd location now in Montrose as well.

Very good food, but a bit pricey on some items (I think the spaghetti cost something like $12.95).

Google shows them with a website of www.garlicmikes.com, but I couldn't get the site to work today.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garlic Mikes

Thanks for that. We often talk about it because it was such an unusual find.

Hope to go back there.

West Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garlic Mikes

Yes Garlic Mike's is still there! It is a little north of town and what an amazing place. VERY pricey. We got a drink, appetizers, dinner and dessert mind you, but our bill plus tip was $93!!! But it was well worth it. You HAVE to try their Sweet Potato fries!! SOOO good....why hasn't anyone else thought of that yet? Anyway, great food and service. I had a wine called the Laughing Cat by Carlson wineries in Palisades, CO. It was so delicious!

North Platte...
Level Contributor
366 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garlic Mikes

Howdy cahow,

Because of your post, I went to Garlic Mikes in Gunnison Friday night (the 28th). WOW! I had not made reservations, so I had a 55 minute wait. It was well worth it. Some items were a little overpriced. (2 small bottles of Pellegrino=$12) But the food was fantastic. Thank you for the post, otherwise I would have never paid attention to this place as i whizzed by on the road.

Happy trails,

SandBilly

DJGunni
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Garlic Mikes

You probably already got a reply by now but just in case I wanted to let you know that Garlic Mike's is still alive and well. I went there last summer. This summer I moved from Houston to Gunnison and was looking for their website when I found your post. I was trying to find out about their Sunday Brunch menu.

6. Re: Garlic Mikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 10, 2009