We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Restaurant Suggestions

Which McLean hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
145 posts
16 reviews
Restaurant Suggestions

My family and I are planning a trip to Washington in July. We will be staying in McLean and would like some restaurant suggestions. There will be 14 of us so we need suggestions for good restaurants that are not too pricey. When we travel we love to eat where the locals eat. Thanks for your suggestions.

3 replies to this topic
Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
224 reviews
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

My in-laws live in McLean, and we take them out to dinner there fairly often. Our favorites are:

J. Gilberts (American, steaks)

House of Fortune (Chinese)

McLean Family Restaurant (neighborhood Greek)

Evo Bistro (wine and tapas)

Cafe Oggi (Italian)

If you're looking for chain restaurants that are not too pricey, head up to the Tysons Corner Mall which has California Pizza Kitchen, Coastal Flat (great local chain), Gordon Biersch (brew pub), TGI Friday's, and more. Tysons II mall has Cheesecake Factory and Maggiano's Little Italy (which serves family style and is good for a group).

Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
139 reviews
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

For Italian, try Café Oggi. Ask for the private room. You can check out the menu on line.

A great Persian restaurant is Amoos. No private room, but plenty of space for a party of 14.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

There is a village of McLean but a McLean postal address covers a wide area as well including Tyson's Corner.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Coastal Flats which has an outpost in the mall. Its part of a local chain called the Great American Restaurant Group.

Lost Dog Cafe on Anderson Road is a fun place. Tons of different sandwiches and pizzas and lots of choices for beers as well but family friendly overall.

A little further afield in the city of Falls Church you have Clare and Dons Beach Shack (beach themed), Pizzeria Orso (Italian), or Dogwood Tavern (American with some focus on Virginia Dishes). Taco Bamba is a fantastic hole in the wall taco place.

Or in nearby Vienna there is the Maple Avenue Restaurant. Or Church Street Pizza which is one of the better NY-style outposts in the region.

Reply to: Restaurant Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about McLean