We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in June

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in June

Hello,

We are staying in Moab for three nights 10th - 13th June. We have a hot air balloon ride planned for one day but no other activities planned.

We want to do some mountain biking, but from what I am reading the mountain biking in the area will put our UK trails to shame and we would therefore need to be on the beginner trails. Loving the idea of a shuttle to drop you at the top of a trail and would really like to find a trail that is pretty and interesting but really not too difficult. Any suggestions??

I am reading it is much hotter there than I was expecting, so am guessing early morning activities are best. We have a rafting day booked in Glenwood springs before coming here, but would like to try out some kayaks or similar - do we need to be booking this all up before we get there?

Any other suggestions, recommendations or ideas? Do people generally just chill out around the hotels in the heat of the afternoon? Are there nice spots to get to for a picnic with some shade and a new view if chilling out is the afternoons agenda.

moab
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in June

Biking - do a search for biking companes in Moab. They can set you up with everything needed including trail info. Poison Spider, Rim are a couple that have been around and hire people who actually live here.

kayaking - Unless you know river dynamics and specifics about the Colorado, and are experienced, and have all the safety gear think twice. Again I would suggest working with a company like Canyon Voyages. You might consider going up to the LaSal Mnts to escape the heat (it could actually be not as hot as you might think).

Arches National Park is a must see. Can easily spend a day exploring.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in June

Definitely visit the national parks in the area. For Arches, try to get a tour through the Fiery Furnace. Also hike Delicate Arch for sunset. Then do a couple of short hikes in Canyonlands like Mesa Arch.

Moab has biking trails for all abilities. Here is a nice guide that rates trails similar to ski slopes. Each has a short description and stats indicating length and other factors. I have heard great things about the Intrepid trail at Dead Horse Point. http://www.discovermoab.com/biking.htm

As for the river, you can rent inflatable kayaks or SUP for various sections of the river. Contact an outfitter for specifics.

3. Re: 3 days in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 22, 2017