We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to stay in Moab

Which Moab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
C F
Florida...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
places to stay in Moab

Hi

Booked Best Western for next June/July...now wondering about Gonzo Inn. Have 2 children 8 & 9....any suggestions?

thanks!

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
15 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to stay in Moab

Stayed at Gonzo last October. Loved it. We had a 1br unit. Lots of room and a small kitchen area...microwave and fridge...and great location in the middle of town. We would definitely stay there again.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,465 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to stay in Moab

Gonzo is way beyond Best Western. Will be higher price range in downtown Moab but if that's OK you'll have a great experience. We usually stay lower end as you're never in the room to enjoy it. We like River Canyon Lodge and are generally in the $80-110/night range.

Have fun.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
53,430 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to stay in Moab

Agreeing that Gonzo Inn is cool, but also agreeing that it's silly to spend that much. Moab is about being away from your room/hotel. No need to spend that much for a bed and a bathroom in Moab.

C F
Florida...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: places to stay in Moab

Thank you. I am still flipping back and forth. I think I may elect Gonzo Inn b/c staying in Moab for three nights...mostly because I feel the pool may be less crowded than Best Western...

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
53,430 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to stay in Moab

If you're going to Moab for a pool or choosing your lodging based on same, you might want to rethink your priorities,

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
33 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to stay in Moab

Want to do some Jeep trails. Is there a way to hook up with other Jeeps so as not to go out alone? Perhaps some sort of guided outing where you drive your own rig??

7. Re: places to stay in Moab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 23, 2014