We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rafing in moab

nj
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
rafing in moab

thinking of rafting and was wondering the half day is it better at 8am or the pm that starts at 11?? or should i do the whole day ?? is the section of river better then the other section you raft down??? and if you do the exurtion where would you meet???

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rafing in moab

I'm assuming you are talking about the Fisher tower section, also know as the Moab daily? We took the full day trip and are very glad we did. If I had to choose just one I would do the morning. Unless the company you go with does lunch in the morning run. Those who joined us in the afternoon got on the raft for a short run. Got off the raft for lunch and then had an hour or so on the raft before take out. I think they were the only ones who felt like it was too soon to end.

Each section of the river was enjoyable. My memory is a little foggy but I do think there wer more rapids in the morning section. But they weren't the main focus of the trip so not really a determining factor.

You would meet in Moab at your companies store. They will transport you to and from the river. The morning ride is obviously longer as you start further up the river.

The trip was a lot of fun. An enjoyable way to spend a hot day in Moab.

Edited: 12:20 pm, February 10, 2013
nj
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rafing in moab

yes the trip does include lunch. either do 7 miles before lunch or lunch then second 7 miles if not the whole day.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rafing in moab

It may depend on the company. Our morning people did not get lunch included.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,854 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rafing in moab

We loved our full day trip with Sherry Griffith. We put in at Westwater and ratted to Cisco. Unforgettable day.

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rafing in moab

Morning 1/2 day trips do not get a lunch. You will be off the river by 11:30AM and back to town by Noonish. PM 1/2 and Full Day Fisher Towers trips stop for lunch.

I Recommend the Full Day trip. Consensus from those on 1/2 day trips is that they wish they had done more. Like going to the Beach or a Water Park leaving after a few hours doesn't make a lot of sense. The Full Day done right is 8:15ish to 3 including a stop for lunch. The perfect way to spend a hot summers day.

Check out the "Things to Do" section of the Moab section here on TA there are comments on this very subject in the reviews of the local rafting companies.

nj
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rafing in moab

ty i think i will go full day.has anyone used moab adventures rafting?

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rafing in moab

Many have check the reviews!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,890 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rafing in moab

I think you'll be glad you did the full day. It will be fun. Moab Adventures is a good company. There are others as well. You might need to decide based on who has a run the day you are going. As riverpeople says the review section is a good place to read from people who have actually used the various companies. THere are alot to chose from.

Grand Junction...
Destination Expert
for Bluff
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rafing in moab

If you want to do a full day, why not do West Water. As RedRox said we went with Shari Griffith Expeditions and experienced flat water with breakfast on the rafts, We stopped for lunch and geared up for the rapids with splash suits. After all the rapids we enjoyed our own adult refreshments that we were able to bring along. We motored out to Cisco. It was a full day, leaving Moab at 7:30 am and arriving back to SGE at 5pm.

nj
Level Contributor
142 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rafing in moab

ty everyone,i would like rapids more then flat river is there a rafting co that does this over another???