We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions Needed for Itinerary

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions Needed for Itinerary

Hi Everyone,

My Family (two children 9 and 12) is planning a trip to Arches, Bryce, Zion, LV in July. Based on what I have read so far on these forums and taking ideas from the trip reports here is my tentative itinerary:

Day 1: Arrive SLC drive to Moab

Day 2: Moab - 4X4 or Hummer Tour

Day 3: Moab - Arches - Hike Fiery Furnace

Day 4: Overnight Rafting Trip

Day 5: Start Drive to Zion Via 12 - overnight near Bryce

Day 6: Bryce (driving), Drive to Zion

Day 7: Zion - Hiking

Day 8: Dive to LV

Day 9: LV

Day 10:Flight home

My schedule is flexible and I can probably add a day. I am also considering round trip from LV. There is not much difference in the airfare. Hiking will be limited with the kids. Any suggestions, revison, additions, deletion, etc.?

Thank you in advance.

Celina

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,926 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions Needed for Itinerary

While there may not be any difference in airfare you'll want to check costs of car rental as a one way drive usually is significantly higher.

So I expect you'll want to do round trip. And that can be done from either LV or SLC. Not too much difference in mileage.

Do you have an idea where you'd want to stop between Moab and Bryce? After Torrey you only have Boulder or Escalante and neither have many choices.

Otherwise it looks fine. Good stuff to see and enjoy.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions Needed for Itinerary

Kbecjeans - WOW!!!! Decision made - round trip from LV! $350 v. over $1000.00!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,926 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions Needed for Itinerary

Glad you checked. I'm not surprised its more but that is triple. Wow.

4. Re: Suggestions Needed for Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 18, 2014