We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV camping Moab in June -Reservations needed?

New Richmond...
4 posts
Save Topic
RV camping Moab in June -Reservations needed?

First time traveling with young kids AND a 19ft RV! For several reasons we would rather not make reservations on our trip out west. While there seems to be an enormous amount of campgrounds to choose from I'm wondering how you feel about the chances of us getting a site around Moab, early/mid June, midweek without a reservation?

We are trying to squeeze this stop into our trip (2 nights) and sneak peeks at Arches, Canyonlands and maybe The State Park. Since we want to site-see not hang at the campground we just need a place to sleep so hookups etc optional. Thank you very much for any help.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,458 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RV camping Moab in June -Reservations needed?

Very busy time but if you're arriving midweek you would have a fighting chance of getting something at the BLM sites along the Colorado River between Moab and the Dewey Bridge or possibly up on Sand Flat. Weekend probably no chance.

Have fun.

New Richmond...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RV camping Moab in June -Reservations needed?

Thank you for your reply! "fighting chance" sounds a little too close to trouble for me. We'll have to wait until the trip gets closer but then I will try to make a reservation some where before we go. Thanks again.

3. Re: RV camping Moab in June -Reservations needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 15, 2014