We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November trip- any excursions available?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
November trip- any excursions available?

Hi. I am going to Moab in early November. I was hoping to do kayaking, hummer tour, fiery furnace hike. My web search so far reveals that tours and excursions shut down October 31.

Are there any touring opportunities in November? Any chance to get on the river?

Also, does anyone know a good private guide?

I am also interested on a sunset excursion.

Thanks.

Moab Tourism Center
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Redrock Express
Taxis & Shuttles, Scenic Drives, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Houston
Level Contributor
143 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November trip- any excursions available?

I will be there towards the end of November and am finding the same lack of available excursions. Does this indicate that the weather can be expected to cause problems? If so, Perhaps I should re-evaluate my itinerary.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,371 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November trip- any excursions available?

You're off season and many operators shut down as there's not enough business to warrant staying open. I would contact the respective outfitters directly to see what they can organize. In all likelihood, you may be able to organize things but you may pay more.

There's a ton you can do without an excursion. You can easily hike up to Delicate Arch for sunset on your own, no guide needed. I suspect you'll find more than enough to keep you busy. I'm also guessing that you can still rent a Jeep from Farrabee's or other outlets, for example.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November trip- any excursions available?

I know that UTAH MOUNTAIN SHUTTLE has tour options for the Moab area. They do slick rock tours in a Mercesdes G wagen. Pretty nice rides. They also do guided hiking.

Edited: 11:05 am, September 17, 2012
Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November trip- any excursions available?

Here is the official website for the visitor center in Moab:

www.discovermoab.com

Scroll down to the bottom and find the button for "contact".

There you will find their phone number. Call them and ask. They're very helpful and friendly.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November trip- any excursions available?

Thank you all for your responses. So far, I booked through Moab Adventure Center a sunset ride and then the Fiery Furnace hike. I plan to rent a jeep and want to seek out the best sunsets and do some hiking. Still hoping I can find some kind of opportunity to get out on the water or to rent a kayak. Canyon Voyages said I should call back when we get closer but that they usually stop in the end of Oct. I am hoping, if the forecast is good, I can find a way.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November trip- any excursions available?

Thank you rjdunyon. I will look into this.

7. Re: November trip- any excursions available?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 19, 2013