We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report -over 100 everyday but still had a blast.

Which Moab hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report -over 100 everyday but still had a blast.

- took prop flight from denver to canyonlands(let the fun begin) cool flight and not too bumpy. rented a 4wd jeep from enterprise at the airport. note- this was a lot less money than the rentals in Moab but it was a stock jeep. all we needed though to do fins/things, chicken corners, gemini bridges, shafer trail, .....

-stayed in town at cottonwood condos- great location and wonderful condos (highly recommend)

day 1. hiked corona arch at dusk when it was cooler (this was our favorite time of day) great easy hike and very quiet and beautiful

day 2. early morning off road adventure/ afternoon ranger guided hike to fiery furnace. this was spectactular although I got my tickets months in advance. this was actually the coolest temp spot in arches. awesome!

day 3. mountain biking Dead Horse Pt (intrepid trail) with Rim Tours. good service and beautiful 9mile ride with mixture of gravel, slickrock sand and a little technical stuff. this was considered easy and I'm glad we chose it because it was more than adequate for my adventurous teen boys.

After DHP we drove into canyonlands and down the shafer trail. a windy 4wd road to the base and all the way back to moab via Potash rd. this was an ok drive- a little too long and bumpy.

day4. ATV tour to monitor and merrimack with Moab Tour company- this was one of the favorite for the boys!! thanks

That night we went on the Hells revenge drive yourself tour with Moab Cowboy- It was also excellent and a good value. there is a coupon for 199 for a family of up to 6. This ride is awesome and the owners were great fun and informative.

day 5. Rim to River with Red River Adventures. This was a wonderful tour with excellent guides thanks so much to Burchy and Serafina. They made the trip!! they were so fun, informative and safety conscious. we rappelled down two beautiful arches/canyons and then hiked a gorgeous canyon. After a healthy riveside lunch, we rafted down the river. Note: river is unfort. very low this year but it still felt great just floating, splashing and enjoying the scenery

day 6 and day 7. explored canyonlands needles. nice but not my favorite. found mill creek (a swimming hole near town) nice but crowded due to heat.

places to eat- blue pig-very good, moab brewery- good, bucks-vgood but expensive,

Love Moab- will be back

Edited: 10:20 pm, July 05, 2012
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report -over 100 everyday but still had a blast.

Moab is awesome. Glad you and the kids were able to cope with the heat.

I'd love to try mountain biking in DH one day. I'm not experienced at all, though. What kind of technical stuff is involved?

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.

2. Re: Trip Report -over 100 everyday but still had a blast.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 08, 2013