We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking

chicago
Level Contributor
8,653 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
hiking

can i do delicate arch by myself? is the trail marked? will there be alot of people there in the end of september?

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiking

If you're fit and able the Delicate Arch trail shouldn't be a problem. The trail is marked. Carry water and food to be sure.

How many is a lot of people? Probably too many but that depends what you're used to.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,653 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hiking

i just dont want to get lost : )

can i hike most of the trails in arches without worrying about this?

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hiking

You'll be fine and won't get lost at the commonly hiked trails; Park Avenue, Windows, Delicate Arch, Devils Garden, Sand Dune, Broken Arch...

Fiery Furnace is another story. Sign up for the Ranger guided tour for this one; it should be on your 'must-do' list.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,653 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hiking

yes, each one is a whole day

signing up for FF is the first thing im doing when i arrive, do you know how long the place to sign up is open?

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hiking

You sign up at the Visitor Center, according to this website the hours in September are 7:30am to 6:30pm.

www.nps.gov/arch/planyourvisit/hours.htm

6. Re: hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, October 03, 2009