We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route to Moab from Aspen

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best route to Moab from Aspen

I will be driving from Aspen to Moab in a couple of weeks. Coming in on I-70, should I take Highway 128 to Moab or should I stay on I-70 and than drive down Highway 191? Is there a difference in driving time? On the map the route via Highway 128 seems shorter but looks like a slower road, but therefore more scenic? I'd appreciate your advice.

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,363 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route to Moab from Aspen

You're right. 128 is the scenic route, not particularly slow if you don't want to take in the scenery but you will. As you get closer to Moab the scenery gets more and more dramtic. There are side trips to see on this road such as Fisher Towers and Castle Valley that you may want to investigate as well.

Have a look around Cisco when you get off I-70 and see what you can find.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route to Moab from Aspen

Hi

128 definitely is a better choise and don't tell those Cisco people they are living in a ghosttown!

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
294 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route to Moab from Aspen

128 is absolutely more scenic - and at most it adds 15-20 minutes to the trip.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route to Moab from Aspen

Another vote for 128. Expect great scenery but no gas stations.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best route to Moab from Aspen

Thank you all for your advice! Highway 128 will be it then. I'm looking forward to the drive!

6. Re: Best route to Moab from Aspen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 01, 2009