We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodside Cottages

NW Iowa
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Woodside Cottages

We are interested in the Woodside Cottages the week after Labor Day. Anyone ever stay there? Is there a restaurant nearby? I read a review of one that was very close, a bar and grill. Wondering if it is within walking distance?

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
6,762 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodside Cottages

try to contact "bayfield rider" on the wisconsin forum:

trailconditions.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php…

the season is pretty much over, but he (the owner of woodside) frequently posts in this forum. from what i can tell, he seems like a pretty righteous guy and caters to his guests....

from my own experience in bayfield, it is a beautiful area.... if you can swing it, try to do a sea kayaking day trip to the apostle islands nat lakeshore. the Lake should still be nice and you wont regret it. there are several outfitters in the area..... also, a trip to madeline island is worth it....

Bayfield, WI
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodside Cottages

Greetings ~ Woodside Cottages is within an easy walking distance to the Northern Edge Restaurant. It's a nice family place with one of the best breakfasts in town. You are also close to the Brownstone Trail - a nice little hike into downtown Bayfield.

If you need any more information, our website is a great resource at bayfield.org and you can also check out our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Bayfield.WI.

Jackson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
548 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodside Cottages

Hi we stayed there over labor day last september. It was great. There is a restiarant basically in the parking lot of the cottage complex. Basic homestyle food perfect for breakfast. We also went to a couple really good restaurants in the area. I will look up the names and write shai

Jackson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
548 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woodside Cottages

Hi we stayed there over labor day last september. It was great. There is a restiarant basically in the parking lot of the cottage complex. Basic homestyle food perfect for breakfast. We also went to a couple really good restaurants in the area. I will look up the names and write shai

Jackson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
548 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Woodside Cottages

Jackson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
548 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Woodside Cottages

Wild rice was great food gourmet atmosphere and pricey

Portside Restaurant had very good food

Excellent view of marina and reasonable prices

Both are only 5 minute drives

7. Re: Woodside Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 09, 2013