We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Saipan pending

Seattle
1 post
Save Topic
Visit to Saipan pending

Are there any special events occuring between July 21 and Aug. 1 which would include Saipanese dances, food, etc. I lived there from 1957 to 1960 and am revisiting my memories :o) Any help appreciated. I am also bringing some things to donateto the museum.

Chamorro in Saipan
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Saipan pending

Every Thursday night, you can visit the "Street Market" in the heart of Garapan, tourist district. At this festive nights, you will surely find international cuisine including Chamorro (local) food and occasionally cultural dances. Additionally, twice a week you can visit and enjoy the Tuesday and Sabalu (Saturday) market where local produce are sold including local food.

Unfortunately, you just missed the Annual Flame Tree Arts Festival, the Annual Taste of the Marianas (food fest/cultural dances) and the ongoing Liberation Day Festival which began on June 1st and ends on July 8th.

We have two museums on Saipan: The CNMI Museum (displays CNMI history since Ancient Chamorro and the Spanish, German & Japanese occupation) located in the Old Japanese Hospital managed by the CNMI Government and the World War II Museum (displays World War II history in the CNMI, etc.) located in the American Memorial Park managed by the U.S. National Park Service.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Saipan and welcome back.

2. Re: Visit to Saipan pending

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, September 01, 2009