We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat in Chinatown

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,672 posts
194 reviews
Where to eat in Chinatown

Who doesn't like a good list? …eater.com/maps/where-eat-drink-restaurants-…

Nice to see some new places with upscale decor. While I have been to some of the old-school places, I find ugly tablecloths and chipped tableware to detract from the experience of good food.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,632 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Where to eat in Chinatown

I saw that SFI. Still have to try Mr.Jiu and wonder when China Live will finally open...

Lots of old favorites though. Glad they included New Sun Hong Kong which is a late night staple. (The name is redundant... Sun means new. So new new?) And glad that Sam Woo rose from the dead. Another late night spot with my kind of comfort food.

Lol about decor. Some of the best food I have eaten around the world are from the streets. I just watched Andrew Zimmerman in Shanghai and wish I have more time and funds to travel. It's been too long since my last Asia trip.

Eat well!

Edited: 3:10 pm, July 31, 2016
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Where to eat in Chinatown

Surprised they didn't mention Bund Shanghai. Or Lai Hong Lounge for dim sum.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Lodi
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Where to eat in Chinatown

Bund Shanghai has the best Xiao Long Bao that's I've found in SF (at least in the Chinatown area)

4. Re: Where to eat in Chinatown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 03, 2017