We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liveaboard Marinas in Bay Area

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Liveaboard Marinas in Bay Area

I'll be moving to the Bay Area in July or August of this year and am trying to find a liveaboard slip in a Marina, hopefully in S.F., Berkeley, or somewhere along the BART line. I tried the Berkeley Marina but apparently their waitlist is 2 years long at times. Does anyone know of any others that are a possibility?

Thanks,

Rick

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liveaboard Marinas in Bay Area

Sausolito? There is a ferry into SF.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liveaboard Marinas in Bay Area

Someone with more nautical involvement than I might weigh in sooner, but I have the impression that liveaboards are discouraged at a largenumber of marinas.

I do remember someone I met who was at a liveaboard in Oakland or perhaps San Leandro -- around there -- in the East Bay. You also might try the marinas near Redwood City. It might be one of those wink-wink things, I seem to recall.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,083 posts
5,162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liveaboard Marinas in Bay Area

Most have waiting lists....In addition to the ones already mentioned, you might try Alameda.....Best however is to check out Sausalito area.

santa rosa, ca
Level Contributor
668 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Liveaboard Marinas in Bay Area

Are you looking to rent? You can try the website www.vrbo.com. Go to the Bay Area and click on Sausalito....I saw some cute houseboats listed.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liveaboard Marinas in Bay Area

The concept is lovely, but I know someone who had a liveaboard and lost everything in a storm. We do get some bad storms here!

There is an extreme shortage of legal liveaboard berths in the area. You could try Galilee Harbor in Sausalito, although they have an income restriction.

6. Re: Liveaboard Marinas in Bay Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 24, 2009