We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Near Wharf

New Jersey
Level Contributor
215 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Near Wharf

I searched but can't find this specific question/answer. We will be staying at Fisherman's Wharf for several days and then renting a car on a Friday to drive to Napa to a wedding and driving that Sunday back to San Francisco Airport to drop car off. I looked at Hertz which seems their lowest level car is $63.00 per day even on the weekends. Does anyone know if this is reasonable or if I should search other car rental agencies?

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,363 Reviews
from $105.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,808 Reviews
from $126.00*
Special Offer
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,630 Reviews
from $61.20*
$68.00
Searchlight, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Near Wharf

Are you picking up Friday morning and returning late Sunday so that it is a three-day rental? Or can you squeeze it into a two-day rental picking up later on Friday?

If it's a 3-day rental, looks like you might save $150 by having someone travel to the airport on that Friday morning to pick up the car.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,223 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Near Wharf

is this with a discount ? For a weekend that is a ridiculous rate unless there is a convention in town and things are all full. Have a look at Avis Budget Enterprise an National as well and I would first find the best discount deal or coupon -- airlines, AAA, costco others have codes as well

And depending on the weekend it may cost more to return a car from SF to SFO. Try and see what the rate is for a SF return and that may bring the price down

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
20,907 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Near Wharf

Actually, that's pretty normal, I think. I know that Enterprise/National at Union Square has a standard rate right around $70/night. Not to say that they don't discount if needed, but that's the "rack" rate. If you're staying at a hotel near the Wharf, they may offer discounted rates at a nearby rental location. Or Google "Hertz discount codes", which I think they call CDP numbers, or look for a AAA rate.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Near Wharf

I'd think that picking up at the Wharf on a weekend would be more expensive.

Rental cars are something, just lie airfares, which have to be extensively researched.

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental Near Wharf

Check out the Enterprise at 350 Beach St-not sure what the rates will be, but I rented from here last year and got a great rate and excellent customer service! Highly recommended!

6. Re: Car Rental Near Wharf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 05, 2017