We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trendy restaurant?

Level Contributor
426 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
trendy restaurant?

my boyfriend and I are coming to san fran in early nov and i was hoping for a trendy restaurant with good food, or a romantic (but nothing too fussy) with good food. is scala bistro good? we are staying in the chacellor and it is practically next door. any recommendations would be great.

Also, what are some nice trendy night spots, some place fun to grab a martini or glass of wine?

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trendy restaurant?

Frisson on Jackson Street has an amazing cocktail menu with fun and tasty creations. It's super hip and a great place in my opinion to have a cocktail and an appetizer. Scala's is nice as well and the location couldn't be more convenient.

Not too far from Frisson, on Montgomery, is Bubble lounge, which is also very hip and popular. You might want to try Bix for Dinner or something on Belden Lane-Tiramisu or Plouf.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,859 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trendy restaurant?

Is Frisson in the same location where Cypress Club used to be?

I'm coming up, solo, at the end of the month and have been recommended the following places that also fit the trendy/sociable bar scene without sacrifising food quality...care to comment on them?:

Town Hall

DiMaggio's Chop House

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: trendy restaurant?

Bubble Lounge is my choice for a trendy place to go for drinks for sure!

Asia de Cuba at the Clift is pretty trendy and not too far away for dinner. The bar there, the Redwood Room is also trendy and popular.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trendy restaurant?

Don't have any personal experience at several of your recommendations, but have heard mostly good things about them all. Town Hall I like. I've only had cocktails at Myth. Check out SFSurvey.com or search this site for some informative reviews.

5. Re: trendy restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 19, 2009