We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with long term parking, i.e. Park & Fly option

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with long term parking, i.e. Park & Fly option

Looking for a San Francisco hotel where we can stay & then leave our car until we return from a cruise. Any suggestions?

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,363 Reviews
from $105.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,808 Reviews
from $126.00*
Special Offer
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,630 Reviews
from $61.20*
$68.00
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with long term parking, i.e. Park & Fly option

I'm not aware of any hotels that offer this IN San Francisco. More often this service is offered at hotels around the airport. Real estate and parking in SF is at a premium.

The one at the airport that gets good mention here is the El Rancho.

You are driving down from Seattle?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,415 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with long term parking, i.e. Park & Fly option

I do not know of any in the city, but the Best Western El Rancho Inn in Millbrae (near the airport) has been doing this for years. You get free two weeks parking for a night's stay, and $7 per night after that. Also free 24-hour shuttle. They are very efficient.

Hotels in the city do not have enough land for car storage.

Edited: 11:22 am, December 30, 2014
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with long term parking, i.e. Park & Fly option

Much obliged.

So.Cal
Level Contributor
378 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with long term parking, i.e. Park & Fly option

As already mentioned, El Rancho is a good option for Park'n Fly, but not so much for "Park 'n Cruise". The hotel shuttle goes to the airport, not the cruise pier. The cruise piers are quite a distance away and getting there from Millbrae could eat up much of your parking savings. Wish I had a better suggestion for you, but it's a common question both here and on Cruise Critic and I've never seen a good alternative.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with long term parking, i.e. Park & Fly option

<<getting there from Millbrae could eat up much of your parking savings>>

Depending upon how long you're gone, this statement isn't true. A cab from the Airport to the pier would be about $50. Public transit about $12 per person.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,415 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with long term parking, i.e. Park & Fly option

You take the shuttle to the airport and then either the taxi or BART (public transit) to the pier.

>>>Wish I had a better suggestion for you, but it's a common question both here and on Cruise Critic and I've never seen a good alternative.<<<

The issue of getting to the port is probably not as complicated as it is in LA. As White Dahlia said, a cab from the Airport, or from the hotel in Millbrae, for that matter, to the cruise port would be about $50. One could also take the free shuttle from El Rancho to the Airport and then take BART to the cruise port, or very near it. I thik the BART far into the city is about $8.25 or so.

7. Re: Hotel with long term parking, i.e. Park & Fly option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 01, 2016