We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco Tour to Los Angeles

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
San Francisco Tour to Los Angeles

Hi All

can anyone suggest a good two day - tour from San Francisco to Los Angeles - seeing either the coast or inland via Yosemite ?

thanks Aussie girl

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,168 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco Tour to Los Angeles

two days and that includes Yosemite ? Are you sure ? It is around 8 hours by bus to LA one way and 8 hours back so it would be impossible to do a 2 day tour of LA from SF. It is 4 hours to Yosemite each way.

Suggest you fly to LA if you want to see LA, stay there and tour around. There are day and overnight tours to Yosemite listed in the top questions on the right side of this Forum page

If you want to do multi day tours check calparlor tours or starline tours from LA

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,180 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco Tour to Los Angeles

I think the best way to try and get what you want is California Parlor Car Tours.

http://www.calpartours.com/

Melbourne, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco Tour to Los Angeles

HI Oskar & Belomiser - as you can see I have no idea of distances :)

thanks for the heads up

Im Leaving from San Francisco I have a work conference in San Jose finishes on the 24th and Im making my way to Los Angeles to meet my hubby who arrives in from Melbourne Aus. on the 25th hence why i need to go from SF to LA - and i thought instead of flying which i see nothing of your wonderfull country i would make my way with either a bus tour or from what i can see the train... thanks for your help so far

Aussie girl

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,168 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco Tour to Los Angeles

The bus goes on a boring freeway. I would just fly from SJC to lax or bur

S P
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
870 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: San Francisco Tour to Los Angeles

What about the Coast Starlight train? I have never taken it, but have always wanted to. It leaves San Jose at 10 A.M. and arrives in L.A.'s Union Station at 9:00 P.M. It takes a coast route, 100 miles of which is right on the coastline.

amtrak.com/ccurl/574/978/Amtrak-Coast-Starli…

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak

6. Re: San Francisco Tour to Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 11, 2015