We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrestlemania 31

Essex
Level Contributor
135 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Wrestlemania 31

Hi Yall,

Coming from the UK To San Francisco next year for Wrestlemania 31,

its being held at the Levi's Stadium, what's transport like from the Levi's to Get back to San Francisco at 11pm?

Also is the area quite safe where the Levi Stadium is?

Neil

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,506 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Wrestlemania 31

Thanks for sticking with us Neil and giving more details. So you're arriving on Wednesday and want to do San Francisco tourism before doing WWE events starting on Saturday... yes?

If so, stay in SF for Wednesday to Friday nights to see SF. Then move hotels to near Santa Clara for the Wrestlemania events on the weekend. You can worry getting from SF to near Santa Clara later but it will probably be taxi, shuttles, or Caltrain or some combination of all that. Consider flying out of San Jose (SJC) to LA as it's much closer than SFO. Make sure you look at Southwest Airline. You have to look on their website as the flights don't show up on aggregate websites.

Edited: 10:02 am, April 25, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Santa Clara
Santa Clara
California
San Jose
San Jose
California
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Essex
Level Contributor
135 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Wrestlemania 31

Ouch, Unfortunately we've already booked and deposit on the hotel for 6 nights in Santa Clara, Hopefully it will be easy enough to get into San Francisco from Santa Clara,

Neil

Mentioned in this post
Santa Clara
Santa Clara
California
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,506 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Wrestlemania 31

Surely it's possible to cancel unless you did a nonrefundable rate? Please do consider as it will be at least an hour one way to SF.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Wrestlemania 31

Here is a link of things to see and do in the Santa Clara area.

http://www.santaclara.org/

I will be spending a couple of weeks in the area in early June, which includes 1 nigh in Santa Clara at the Quality Inn, and then a week later 5 nights at the San Jose Airport Hotel.

Things I like to do in the area, other than California's Great America is the Winchester Mystery House, watching sports, the San Jose Earthquakes (Major League Soccer) will be in season in late March, also at the SAP Center in San Jose you have the San Jose Sharks playing Hockey and the San Jose Sabercats playing Arena (Indoor) Football.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Clara
Santa Clara
California
San Jose
San Jose
California
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,506 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Wrestlemania 31

.... and going back to the OP's goal of seeing San Francisco.... yes lots to do in the South Bay but if they are traveling all this distance to the are FOR THE FIRST TIME, it does not make sense to do all the secondary stuff when they have not seen the iconic San Francisco sites.

Folks, I LIVE and WORK here. Sure it is a great place but not a replacement, not even close, to SF.

Neil - do reconsider changing hotels for those first few nights. If you are not able to do so, it's not the end of the world. You can commute but it will be less ideal. Which hotel did you book for those 6 nights?

Edited: 12:03 pm, April 25, 2014
Essex
Level Contributor
135 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Wrestlemania 31

We booked the Madison Street inn also i was reading online their is a "Fast" train to San Francisco from Santa Clara is that true?

Mentioned in this post
Santa Clara
Santa Clara
California
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,506 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Wrestlemania 31

The FAST train is the baby bullet but it does not stop in Santa Clara. There are "limited stops" trains.

caltrain.com/schedules/weekdaytimetable.html

You are staying near the University and the train and VTA station so should have stuff to do immediately surrounding. But I still strongly suggest that you go to SF for the first few nights.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Clara
Santa Clara
California
Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Wrestlemania 31

Hey there,

If you're concerned about transportation, you could book seats on the Brawl Bus. This company does charter bus rides to WrestleMania, UFC events, etc. They have various points around Northern California where you can board the bus, and it will take you back to the same stop after WrestleMania is over. You may have to take a cab or ride the local bus to that particular stop, but I'm sure it will beat breaking the bank to do a round trip by cab. I'm posting the link below, so that you'll have more information. I did this for WrestleMania 28, and it saved me a lot of cab fare. Lol I hope this helps!

http://wrestlemania.brawlbus.com/

Edited: 1:32 pm, May 05, 2014
Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Wrestlemania 31

Hi boss, I'm heading to wrestlemania 31 from the UK too. Be nice to have some people to meet up with. It's my 1st wrestlemania so I'm trying to gather up as much info as I can. My twitter is @SpursAsh

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Wrestlemania 31

Just posting on here so I can keep tabs with developments as the time approaches.

Likewise im heading over from the UK (5th Mania in a row) and at the moment considering staying in San Fran for around 6 nights to do all the touristy stuff then heading down to near the arena for a few days around Mania to save all the travel hassle.

Im guessing the HOF and RAW venues haven't been announced yet? Assuming they are in the Santa Clara area too, then I will def head on down for the Mania weekend. If just Mania in Santa Clara then I will take my chances with public transport down and up from San Francisco.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Clara
Santa Clara
California