We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Beginning to plan a short trip to San Francisco. We are trying to use some Marriott gift certificates that we received, so if you could let us know which of the following are best to stay at, that would be great. I think I would rank cleanliness and location as most important.

1. Courtyard Fishermans Wharf

2. Parc 55 Hotel

3. The Stanford Court

4. Courtyard San Francisco downtown.

Also, would like to go to Napa for 2-3 days, any suggestions on nice places to stay that will not break the bank.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

The Renaissance Stanford Court or the Parc 55, hands down.

The Parc 55 probably has a slightly better location as far as Union Square goes and thus you are not on a steep hill, but I would honestly stay at either hotel.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

I'm with Saks________forget the Courtyards !

The Parc 55 is a good location in the Union Square area and I have used this hotel and always been happy.

The Renaissance Stanford Court however is a much more luxurious and elegant establishment on the site of Leland Stanfords mansion on Nob Hill.

You cant go wrong with either.

A decision on location and a more modern hotel with the Parc 55 or a more historic elegant Stanford Court.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,770 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

If you do the Parc 55, finagle a high corner room. They are astounding, with wraparound views of the city, enormous bathrooms, and even an entry hall.

4. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 12, 2009
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor