We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lounge pass and availability

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lounge pass and availability

At the end of this month I shall be flying into San Francisco from Australia & NZ, en route to Vancouver. After the long-haul flight, I wish to have a shower and freshen up before heading off to explore SF during my 9 hour transit layover. I will be flying with Air New Zealand and am unable to locate a lounge service provided by them at SFO. Can anyone recommend or advise me on the availability of a "one-off" lounge/shower facility within the SFO International Terminal and how do I obtain a pass for access?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lounge pass and availability

Air New Zealand is part of the United Airlines groups of Frequent Flyer Programs (Star Alliance).

…worldairportguides.com/airport-lounges.php

The Domestic Lounge might not have Showers, so I would check with them before buying a day pass.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lounge pass and availability

Looks like the Showers for United at SFO are on the Arrival Level in Terminal 3. (only one of the 4 lounges at SFO that is part of the Star Alliance).

https:/…default.aspx

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lounge pass and availability

Many thanks for yr help. Regards acquiring the pass, do I just present myself at the lounge and buy the pass then?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lounge pass and availability

Thank you very much for clarifying the situation.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lounge pass and availability

According to yelp, there's also a place called Freshen Up that has showers. Maybe cheaper and/or easier than the airline lounge?

m.yelp.com/biz/freshen-up-san-francisco

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lounge pass and availability

Sometimes posters don't read their own links or don't understand their meaning. The United facility with a shower is what they refer to as their "Arrivals Lounge" and requires an invitation. This usually means flying International First or having a very high frequent flyer level with the airline.

I too would recommend Freshen Up! (also mentioned on the SFO website: www.yelp.com/biz/freshen-up-san-francisco ) Appears cost is about $15 and Yelp reviews are good: www.yelp.com/biz/freshen-up-san-francisco

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lounge pass and availability

Thank you so much for the information and link - I will follow up on this. Happy New Year!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lounge pass and availability

Many thanks for taking the time to respond and for clarifying the terminology. The "Freshen-Up" option sounds good. Happy New Year!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lounge pass and availability

I realize I messed up my links.

Here is one from the SFO website -- an interactive map. Click "Services" then "Showers" and you see the location of Freshen Up. http://www.flysfo.com/maps/interactive-maps

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lounge pass and availability

Thank you SO much for that additional link - it is fantastically helpful and will go a long way towards making my travel that much more enjoyable: bless you!