We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Pinot Days 2014: Where??

Anyone know facts--or rumors--about WHERE Pinot Days will be held on Sat. May 17, 2014? Nothing yet on their official site but supposedly a location was to be determined by now. Not sure if they outgrew their Fort Mason venue or what brought about the change.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

I would bet these people know more than anyone on this forum.

http://www.pinotdays.com/Contact_Us.asp

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

Apparently even they don't know or aren't disclosing. I inquired and no one even bothered to respond. The date gets closer and still no venue info. that I can find. Extremely irritating if one (me) needs to make lodging arrangements for that weekend but have no idea of WHERE in the City!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,516 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

There was a Pinot Days in NYC, and I have to say that it was a bit disappointing with the producers who were not there. Hope SF has more of the bigger hitters.

If you are interested in Pinot and into wine in general, Zachys, a NY-based wine retailer, is sponsoring a La Paulee San Francisco with dinners, tastings, and an auction in March. I've only attended their auctions, and it is always a lot of fun and value for what you get for $75.

zachys.com/auctions/…1403LP_InfoFront.pdf

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,095 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

They don't even seem to have tickets for sale. Their link goes to EventBrite, but the event isn't listed yet. Ironically, this one is (Pinot Noir Summit in March): eventbrite.com/e/…

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

Frustrated at not being able to get any definitive info. on this year's event, I tapped my wine club contact at Dutton-Goldfied and she was able to tell me that--guess what?--Pinot Days is BACK to the Fort Mason location. Unfortunately for me, they also changed the date from May 17 to June 14, a date I don't have available. The event organizers seem to be chaotic and I'm thinking it's not worth the hassle of going thru a similar scenario next yr. Should anyone have a different favorite Pinot event that takes place in the Bay Area, I'm all ears!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,095 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

Like the one I posted above?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

Have you attended the Pinot Noir Summit? I haven't heard about it before. Quite pricey: $90 just for the Grand Tasting.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

The official Pinot Days San Francisco site FINALLY got around to updating the location (Fort Mason) and date (June 14) of this year's event. Better late than never--but too late for me to attend!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

Not in the Bay Area, but there is the Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Festival May 16th - 18th. Perhaps that's why the date of Pinot Days was moved from May 17th to June 14th. As I said not in the SF Bay Area, but not far from you in Forestville...

http://www.avwines.com/

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pinot Days 2014: Where??

Thanks, LD2010! I've long wanted to spend more time tasting in the Anderson Valley and their Pinot Festival might be just the event.