We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monterey or yosemite???

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Monterey or yosemite???

Hello,

My husband and I will travel to SF in late sep/ early oct for 7 nights, and we would like to spend a couple of nights either in the Monterey and carmel area, or yosemite and lake tahoe. We've heard great things about both, but maybe you can give us some advise based on your experiences. The idea is to have a couple of relaxing days around nature and away from the city. Also my husband likes playing golf, so having the option to play is a plus.

Is this time of the year better in any of the 2 areas?

Thanks a lot for your input!!

11. Re: Monterey or yosemite???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:04 am, September 09, 2013
Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
8,844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Monterey or yosemite???

Yosemite. You can golf anywhere, but there aren't too many Yosemites in the world.

melbourne
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Monterey or yosemite???

Thanks everyone!!! We have decided fom Monterey and Carmel after all. It is a shorter drive and we don't want to spend so much time on the road; and also from your comments we should get some nice weather and beautiful sceanery and golfing!

Any suggestions for affordable accomodation in the area??

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,951 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Monterey or yosemite???

Hi

Great choice!

I recommend making a new thread on the Monterey forum.

15. Re: Monterey or yosemite???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 11, 2014