We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a hotel

Chicago
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
need a hotel

Going to San Francisco with 3 teenagge boys in March. Can anyone recommend a hotel. There are so many it is too hard to choose

Level Contributor
221 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need a hotel

Try the Argonaut Hotel in Fisherman's Wharf. Nice and comfortable accommodations and friendly service. Easy access to the Cable Cars and plenty of shops around the area.

san luis obispo
Level Contributor
58 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need a hotel

Teenage boys stay at marina /fisherman wharf alot more to do ..with teenages

Hortonville...
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need a hotel

The Holiday Inn Express Fisherman's Wharf at 550 N. Point is a very nice, accomodating hotel that's 2 blocks from the wharf. Great location, and with 3 teenage boys, you'll have to love the free continental breakfast that's included!

birmingham,al
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need a hotel

others have made 2 good recommendtions, the argonaut is great and so is the holiday inn express, both have a nautical theme ,the argonaut is a better location next to ghirardelli square but can be more expensive, do not confuse the holiday inn express with the holiday inn, they are next door to each other but worlds apart in comfort and apperance, free breakfast at h. i. express also a plus,

Chicago
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: need a hotel

Thanks. Every bit of information helps. What about Hotel REx or The Chancellor at Union Square? I am worried that the wharf is too comemrcial, altho prob great for the kids

Level Contributor
221 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need a hotel

The Chancellor Hotel is very nice and quaint. But I would recommend the Argonaut Hotel as it is right there in Fisherman's Wharf. The Chancellor is one of those European-type of hotels, and if you are not opposed to getting two rooms, then this would be it. But with teenagers, I would recommend the Argonaut or the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in FW. There are more things to do around the FW area for teenagers. Of all the hotels, the Chancellor's service cannot be beat.