We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa to LA

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachustts
Level Contributor
180 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Napa to LA

After visiting San Francisco we hope to spend a night in Napa and then drive south to LA. We hope to make 2 stops, staying a night at each along the way. Best suggestions on where to stop each of these nights?

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,270 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa to LA

As you are not new to TA forums. I presume that you know that questions involving intra state drives would be better answered in the State forum as this is the SF forum. You also know that strangers cannot make suggestions of "best" without knowing your likes and interests and what you want to do enroute. Best is subjective.

Have you looked at the TQs in the Ca forum ? Suggest you look there. here is one primer to look at which has the collective info on the CA regulars

But before yo do, Oh My. What about the answers you got to a similar question YOU POSTED a few days ago. Nothing in that thread to help you ? What is it that you are looking for ?

tripadvisor.com/…51166909

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g28926-c197885/Califo…

Edited: 4:42 pm, July 13, 2013
Massachustts
Level Contributor
180 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa to LA

Jeeez. so sorry to have annoyed you. My plans changed over the past few days.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Napa to LA

I take it you have removed Yosemite from your plans?

Between SF to LA the usual stopping points are Monterey/Carmel and Cambria. As Napa is not that far north of SF I wouldn't vary those recommended stops.

You have the option of coming back through SF to catch the coast road to Monterey or head inland via I680 to 101 and on to Monterey. Not as scenic and perhaps not faster depending on time of day -- I680 can be very heavily trafficked.

Check the Top Questions on the California level. There is a lot of info on the coast drive.

Massachustts
Level Contributor
180 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Napa to LA

Yes, Yosemite is removed from plan. Thanks for your suggestion!

5. Re: Napa to LA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 15, 2014