We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in California

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit in California

Hi, My family and I are going for the 5th time to California but We went already to Las Vegas,

Los Angeles, Cathalyna's Island, San Diego and Laguna Beach.

I want to spend 4 days enjoying a beautiful beach with interesting attractions not interesting in museums or history. Please help.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit in California

Whooops! You landed in the San Francisco forum. Looks like your itinerary doesn't include Northern California. Please delete this post (click "Report Inappropriate" and choose "Remove My Post) and repost on either the California board or the LA and San Diego forums.

It's a good idea to ask a SPECIFIC question. If you are looking for accommodation, indicate your budget (in USD) and how many people will be travelling. The more info you provide about yourself, the better information you will receive.

Also, check the Top Questions on the LA and SD forums before posting.

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit in California

Hi, you're right I didn't include North of California because I've never been there yet, So that is why I need suggestions to see if I decide going to San Francisco with my family 6 adults 1 teenager to have fun...

I need some advise from someone who was there already and had a great vacation.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,245 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit in California

You need to ask a question . What is it that you'd like to know about northern California????

How about reading the Top Questions on the right side of this page for some ideas and then you may be able to ask things more easily.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,099 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit in California

The first forum post on this SF forum have many trip reports that may help you decide. Please read them and then the top questions. Also Las Vegas is not in California so if you are planning to go there again, you are definitely in the wrong city and state

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,988 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit in California

>>I want to spend 4 days enjoying a beautiful beach with interesting attractions not interesting in museums or history. <<

Then you definitely don't want to visit San Francisco (or even much of Northern California, for that matter). Weather in Northern California is much cooler than that of Las Vegas or Southern California, so our beaches are not the type that have people lying out, swimming, etc. Our beaches are beautiful, however, and attract people for walking, beachcombing, photography, wildlife viewing, etc.

If you don't want hot weather and are still considering Northern California, look at Santa Cruz, as there is some swimming/surfing there, as well as a boardwalk amusement park that might interest you.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,563 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to visit in California

San Fran is not for beach activities. Cold. Cold. Cold.

"I didn't include North of California " That would be Oregon or Washington, you need to post there, like Portland or Seattle. Both also not beach places.

I have had many a great vacation there. We go to 49ers games, Giant games, Chinatown, Alcatraz and rode the Cable cars. All great fun. But beach? No.

7. Re: Places to visit in California

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 26, 2014