We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions about going to a niner game

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
questions about going to a niner game

hi, looking to go to the niner home opener on sept 8th. im gonna fly from seattle to san francisco at 7 in the morning..the game is at 1pm, and should be done around 430, my flight home will be like 730pm...so since im just staying for the day, my questions are: when i land, where should i get the taxi to drop me off to spend time before the game? also what should i use for transportation to and from the game? keep in mind after the game im going straight to the airport. thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions about going to a niner game

The San Francisco Football Bus picks up from the South SF BART station. You could take BART from SFO to SSF and catch the SFFB from there (but you will be riding with Niner Fans).

www.bart.gov

http://sanfranciscofootballbus.com/

It's possible to take BART to Millbrae, then CalTrain but you end up with a rather long and not so pretty walk. Or BART into town and Muni's Candlestick Express from there but that's heading all the way into town only to go back south.

A cab from the airport to Candlestick will be $35-40. But I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a cab at Candlestick after the game (I can't recall seeing a taxi line but I've never looked either).

You should also cross your fingers that there is no fog that morning in SF or your flight will be 2-4 hours delayed. But if you are on one of the first set of flights in you'll be OK.

Stadium gates open 2 hours prior ... 3 if you have access to Stadium Club. So where to hang out prior depends on how you choose to get there.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: questions about going to a niner game

thanks for all the info, im sure ill have a great time. its funny im from the seattle area, but im actually a packer fan. also im going to try to get a later flight home, that way im not in such a hurry to the airport afterwards

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions about going to a niner game

Muni also runs express buses to Candlestick from the Balboa Park BART station. Last year it was $12 round-trip.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
14,952 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: questions about going to a niner game

It will be virtually impossible to get a taxi from the stadium after the game. During the game, all traffic becomes one-way (outbound), so taxis either have to come in prior to that and hang out (not making money) or forget about it.

I would plan on doing the Muni bus to BART, then taking BART back to the airport.

The problem with hanging out before the game is that there is no neighborhood near the stadium where you would want to hang out. And at that time of morning, I doubt any tailgate parties will have started yet. You can take BART to downtown (Union Square), but that time on a Sunday will be pretty quiet there, as well.

San Anselmo...
Level Contributor
494 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: questions about going to a niner game

You have gotten excellent suggestions about how to get back and forth to the game and I will not try to add to that, too many years since I had season tickets for me to suggest anything else. Your problem is where to hang out for the 3 hours or so before getting to the stick becomes a viable option. There is virtually nothing near the South San Francisco BART station for you to go hang out at. There may be at Balboa Park but I do not know.

You might just hang in the airport until 10:00 or so but that could be boring. You could consider taking BART to Millbrae station which is very near El Camino with cafes, bars etc. One block west is Broadway with more cafes, bars etc. although not all will be opened early on sunday.

Check out the BART schedule as the weekend route from Millbrae takes a little longer because the trains go to SFO before they head north.

The most interesting options would be going into the City hanging out there and then taking Muni to the game and back but it would add a lot of travel time which may make it dicey after the game.

6. Re: questions about going to a niner game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 23, 2014