We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Hire Car Drop Off Downtown

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
perth
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Hire Car Drop Off Downtown

Will be hiring a car in Portland in April to do a 4 day drive down coast and plan to arrive in SF via Hwy 101 on a weekday mid arvo. Then plan to stay in downtown SF for a few days but have not decided where as yet. Looks like best options for returning Avis car are Hyatt Regency Embarcadero E9M, Howard St H85, Union Sq SF1 or Fishermans Wharf FMW. Any suggestions as to which of these locations would be easiest to get to coming from north? I assume I will be coming over Golden Gate Bridge. I probably could email Avis but more likely to get a better response here.

Thanks

1. Re: Hire Car Drop Off Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:29 am, February 04, 2013
Edited: 8:29 am, February 04, 2013
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
40,584 posts
150 reviews
2. Re: Hire Car Drop Off Downtown

This may sound like the obvious answer but you should return your car close to where you are staying if you are staying in Union square, then return the car in Union square. Fishermans wharf is closest to the GG bridge but that is no reason to stay in that touristy part of town Please read the top questions on where to stay

Edited: 9:41 am, February 04, 2013
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Hire Car Drop Off Downtown

Howard St is probably the one that will not be near your hotel unless you get a south of market hotel.

If you need to decide where to drop the car before you've booked a hotel, I'd choose the union square location since it is probably the most central and also more likely near the most hotels.

Fisherman's Wharf may be marginally closer to the golden gate bridge, but I see no real reason to drop there unless you are staying nearby.

perth
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Hire Car Drop Off Downtown

Thanks, I'll choose Union Sq and seems like a good option for hotel.

5. Re: Hire Car Drop Off Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 06, 2014