We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

Phoenix
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

Planning a trip July 7 through 9 and looking for a hotel in the Fisherman's Wharf area with a kitchenette. I'm not having much success finding one through all the usual websites.

I'd like to keep the price under $300 per night. Any and all suggestions on a hotel with a kitchenette in the area are welcome.

Thank you for your help!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

Most hotels in the Fisherman's Wharf area do not have kitchenettes. I can recommend one NEAR Fisherman's Wharf, which has suites with full kitchens. It is in the Marina District on Lombard Street and has free parking, if you will have a car. (Important, since parking is expensive in SF hotels) For a 1 bedroom suite AAA lists it as $215, for 2-bedroom 2-bath, $265. Cow Hollow Suites, 2190 Lombard Street, (415)921-5800, www.CowHollowMotorInn.com. I have not stayed here, but pass it quite often and it looks good. They advertise woodburning fireplaces, antique furnishings. Public transportation in San Francisco is really very good. If you do have a car, I would suggest just leaving it in the free parking and take Muni to Fisherman's Wharf. Actually, if you are a good walker, you could probably walk there.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

It will be hard to find one at Fisherman's Wharf.

I will however, recommend the Nob Hill Lambourne. Very large rooms and they have kitchenettes and theyh are under $300/night (closer to $179-200 if I remember correctly). Definitely check them out. They get rave reviews.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

Yes, the Nob Hill Lambourne is another alternative. But be aware that it is not near Fisherman's Wharf. However,public transport, as I said, is good in San Francisco. The Nob Hill Lambourne is 5 blocks north of Union Square. It does not have kitchens, but "efficiencies" and the prices for two persons is $189-$289.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
111 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

Thanks all - I appreciate the insight!! Does anyone have any info about the Cow Hollow Suites? I'm think I'mgiving up on the Fisherman's Wharf area.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

If you search this forum, using the search field in the upper right hand corner just above your original posting, you'll see several posts that mention the Cow Hollow Suites.

Also go to the search field in the lefthand navigation bar at the top and type in "Cow Hollow Suites" there, too. You'll find plenty of reviews.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

Try The Suites at Fisherman's Wharf. They do have kitchenettes and they are right at the wharf: 2655 Hyde Street.

Phone number: 415-771-0200

Club Donatello (Union Square) has micro and refrigerator

415-441-7100

The Inn at the Opera (333 Fulton Street) has kitchenettes also:

415-863-8400

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
380 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

Curious to know why you want a kitchenette in San Francisco. I can understand if you have specific diet or medical needs. This city has amazing restaurants in all price ranges! The other thing is in all our touring we saw 1 grocery store, I don't think the locals cook much, I know I wouldn't if I lived there, too many restaurants to choose from I think it would take alot of effort to find a bad meal. Do your homework and click on dining and read the reviews, we did and had an amazing time, and great meals. Good Luck

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

Cow Hollow Suites is a few blocks away and a good place at a good price. I actually think it is a better location than FW. It is walking distance to FW but you have several local neighborhoods in the area so you get a feel for what it is like to live here. Chestnut Street and Union Street have tons of shops, cafes etc....Bistro Aix is around the corner from CHS, and it is one of my favorite local spots....they have something for everyone and the best burger in the city!

9. Re: Fisherman's Wharf Hotel with Kitchenette

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 13, 2009