We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SF to Castro Valley

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
SF to Castro Valley

Will be in the city this weekend staying near the Ferry Building. I have an event to attend in Castro Valley which starts at noon on Saturday. About how much time should I allow to drive there from the Embarcadero?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SF to Castro Valley

It is the weekend so it won't be crowded. I would say about 40 to 45 mins or so. What does google maps say is the door to door driving time ?

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SF to Castro Valley

Traffic shouldn't be a problem on Saturday mornings, but always check for accidents first. I recommend using http://traffic.511.org because Google Maps incident descriptions are lacking (i.e., it'll report an accident but not tell you which direction of a highway is affected) and KCBS (106.9 FM) sometimes misses things in its radio reports.

Edited: 3:44 pm, January 28, 2013
Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SF to Castro Valley

Yahoo maps calls it 23 miles and 30 min. I don't have the exact address with me but I think it's right off the 580. Any problem getting back into the city around 3PM from Castro Valley?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SF to Castro Valley

Nope not at 3pm

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SF to Castro Valley

Thanks for all the tips. Looking forward to being there this weekend for my anniversary.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SF to Castro Valley

Congrats and I presume you have a place to watch the Big Game Sunday :-)

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SF to Castro Valley

You'll probably experience some delays through the Toll Plaza area and across the Bay Bridge on your way back to SF. However, weekend traffic is variable and traffic this past weekend was pretty light. Whether we get two light weekends in a row is anyone's guess!

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SF to Castro Valley

Going to watch it with some friends/relatives at home. Actually thought about staying in town to watch but I'd have to leave SF around 3:30-4 am to get my wife to work on time. Don't think she'd go for it.

9. Re: SF to Castro Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 30, 2014