We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Advice

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation Advice

I will be visiting California in June. I am thinking of staying in a hotel in Millbrae and dropping my rental car at airport. I would like to know how far Millbrae is from San Francisco? Which Is a better deal BART or MUNI? Clippercard or Citypass? I want to visit all the touristy places and not have to be on a bus all day.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,420 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Advice

Answered your Millbrae Post

BART is from SFO or Millbrae thru SF and beyond to the East Bay. MUNI is for SF only -- buses cable cars and Streetcars within SF.

Citypass includes some attractions and includes a 7 day MUNI passport .

Here is the comparision.

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/passports.htm

Avoid Clipper for a short trip.

Please stay in SF.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Advice

The general advice of locals and visitors alike is that when one visits SF they should stay in SF.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation Advice

<<I am thinking of staying in a hotel in Millbrae>>

Think again. This is not a good idea. What's your budget?

Read through the Top Questions about areas to stay IN San Francisco. Decide which one (Embarcadero, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf) suits you and then search for area, your budget and dates. If you come up with a few different options, we'll be happy to provide comparisons.

But Millbrae is NOT a place to stay.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
104 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation Advice

If your purpose is to see San Francisco, please stay in the city. However if you have friends/family who are in Millbrae and you wish to stay close to them, then you have a decision to make.

But please know that Millbrae is *not at all* San Francisco, and I would hate for you to go home with the visual image of Millbrae (the vibe, the people, everything) as a representation of San Francisco.

Good luck with your planning!

5. Re: Transportation Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 22, 2014