We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waterpark?

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
waterpark?

Travelling to San Francisco, Las Vegas & San Diego in September. I'm looking for a good waterpark in one of these destinations. I want it to be more suitable for adults, so more extreme/thrill seeking rides than young children ones.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,261 reviews
from $99.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir...
1,582 reviews
from $117.00*
Best Seller
Big Bus San Francisco Sightseeing and...
Best Seller
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods and...
2,472 reviews
from $62.00*
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: waterpark?

You won't find any water parks in San Francisco, I'm afraid. You may find some in San Jose or in the East Bay, where the temperatures are warmer.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: waterpark?

Great America in Santa Clara has a water park called Boomerang Bay. Don't know what the schedule is like in Sept:

cagreatamerica.com/things-to-do/boomerang-bay

Also in Concord - east bay there is a water park

http://www.waterworldcalifornia.com/

You should review the list of "rides" to see if they interest you.

Edited: 11:43 am, January 15, 2013
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,143 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: waterpark?

San Francisco is not the place for waterparks - and I don't think you'd want to waste time heading to parts around the greater Bay Area to get to them. Best to check what's available in Las Vegas or San Diego for the other parts of your trip.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: waterpark?

The best/only adult-friendly water parks are in the Los Angeles area. Since you won't be going there, your best bet will be the new Wet 'n' Wild opening in Las Vegas next May. San Diego also has a water park called Knott's Soak City (in the suburb of Chula Vista, my hometown) but it is more family-focused. I would not bother with the water parks in the Bay Area, as they are far from San Francisco proper and family-focused as well.

http://wetnwildlasvegas.com

P.S. Be sure to check opening hours at any water park. Most have limited hours after Labor Day, which is the first Monday of September.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: waterpark?

Thanks everyone.

Will check out wetnwild in LV & I've been told that Seaworld Aquatica is also opening in June but the rides havent been announced. Will keep checking!

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: waterpark?

Thanks everyone.

Will check out wetnwild in LV & I've been told that Seaworld Aquatica is also opening in June but the rides havent been announced. Will keep checking!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: waterpark?

In addition to Raging Waters, there are at least 6 water parks in the San Francisco Bay Area area according to this article: chatterblock.com/blog/…

Some of them seem like they're for younger kids and toddlers. It sounds like Raging Waters in South Bay is really the place to go but it's closed for the off season right now.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: waterpark?

Re: the list of 6 waterparks in San Francisco Bay Area, know that they are all at least 30 minutes, and sometimes 60 minutes away from San Francisco proper, and not readily accessible by transit for the most part. Just count on enjoying the mild September weather in SF, and leave the parks for Las Vegas -- that's where you'll want to be cooled off!

9. Re: waterpark?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 17, 2014