We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa itinerary - are we missing any "must-do's???

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central, Illinois
Level Contributor
135 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Napa itinerary - are we missing any "must-do's???

I have put together this itinerary for a trip with my bride of nearly 8 years for July, and wonder if we're missing any "must-do's" since we have two growing children and it's likely we won't get back to Napa/Sonoma for quite some time. We fly in Sunday night and are staying at the River Terrace Inn in Napa, adn would appreciate any suggestions from local experts or recent visitors to Napa!!!

Monday

10:20 am: scheduled tasting/tour: Cakebread Cellars, Rutherford 800-588-0298

12:30 Lunch: picnic from Dean and Deluca 607 S. St. Helena Highway

Shopping in downtown St. Helena (don’t miss St. Helena Olive Oil Company)

2:50 pm scheduled tasting: Nickel and Nickel, Yountville (Jeff 707-959-9600)

Afternoon shopping in Yountville (downtown is 1 mile in length, boutiques) -drive three miles south on Route 29 to Yountville

Dinner: Pearl 707-224-9161 1339 Pearl St #104 Napa

Tuesday

10 am Scheduled Tasting and Tour: Spottswoode confirm on 7/18 please

Lunch: Mustards Grill 707-944-2424 7399 St. Helena Hwy bet. Oakville/Yountville

2pm Vineyard/Winery/Cave Tour/barrel tasting: Pine Ridge (800) 575-9777

Spa treatment (Calistoga or hotel?)

Dinner: Zins Valley, Napa 707.224.0695

Wednesday

11:15 Lunch and Tasting Schramsberg “Sparkling Affair” $45/each (Denise Parker 707.942.2414)

1:30 pm tasting Raymond Vineyard (2 for 1 coupon) 707.963.3141

849 Zinfandel Lane (past Franciscan on right)

3:00 pm scheduled tour and tasting: Far Niente (Claudia 707.944.2861) $40/pp

Napa shopping/tastings at Wineries of Napa Valley (2 for 1 coupon) or

***Robert Craig Tasting Room (Rachel Miller 707.252.2250 x.1)

Dinner: Celadon, Napa (707) 254-9690 500 Main St Napa Mill

Nightlife in Napa/pool it at hotel

Thursday

11 am tasting: V. Sattui 1111 White Lane St. St. Helena 707.963.7774 (2/1 coupon)

St. Helena Highway (Route 29) just past Zinfandel Lane, east side of road

Lunch and shopping: picnic from Oakville Grocery/stroll Oakville

1:30 Scheduled tasting: Silver Oak (Tom Walsh 707.944.8808)

Dinner - Epicurean Experience/ Domaine Chandon, tour and 8-course dinner with food/wine pairings

I have heard about hot-air balloon rides? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, Calistoga spas - looking for one that's modern, clean and fun.....

Many thanks!

Level Contributor
34,979 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa itinerary - are we missing any "must-do's???

Looks great! You may want to consider the Lincoln Ave. Spa in downtown Calistoga. I love the Indian Springs Resort, but it isn't really considered modern, if that is important to you. Have a great time! :)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i835-Napa_Valle…

Frazier Park...
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa itinerary - are we missing any "must-do's???

Hi, your itinerary sounds great (you're traveling sans children I take it). V. Sattui is excellent, with some reasonably priced wines (esp. for Napa), as well as Cakebread (be sure to pick up some of their recipe cards). You probably don't have time, but the city of Sonoma is lovely, with nice shopping. In town, is the Sonoma Cheese Factory (love the pesto jack), and one of the very best cheese places, whose cheeses have been in the Williams Sonoma catalog (on a side street) the Vela Cheese Factory (try the Sonoma dry jack). Also in the Sonoma area, I highly recommend Viansa winery; it is so pretty, overlooking their vineyards and duck preserve. Wonderful tasting room, with yummy food samples to taste (pestos, tapenades, aioli's, etc.). They have a Tuscan bbq daily, and their wines are mainly Italian varietals (I especially love the Piccolo, a sangiovese, and the Ossidiana (a cab. franc blend). They have a great wine club I belong to. If you had time, I would also recommend the Lark Creek Inn in Larkspur; the best meal I've ever had (chef/owner is Bradley Ogden). Have a wonderful, romantic trip!!