We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcatraz tours ?????

united kingdom
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Alcatraz tours ?????

i thought only one company does the tours to Alcatraz but just done a search and alcatraztickets.com and alcatrazcruises .com both offering tours bit confused as one has tickets available one doesnt ....confused

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,470 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

www.alcatrazcruises.com is the official ticket seller. www.alcatraztickets.com would buy its tickets from www. alcatrazcruises.com and resell them at a higher price, or packaged as part of a more expensive tour.

Bottom line is try www.alcatrazcruises.com first.

Edited: 4:10 pm, December 09, 2012
united kingdom
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

Thank you

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,759 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

Plenty of similar frequently asked questions on the right side of the TA SF forum web page to help you with your SF visit. Enjoy planning and always listen to da Bear Simba

Edited: 5:09 pm, December 09, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,283 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

Be sure to book as soon as your plans are finalized. Tickets do sell out continuously days to weeks before the tour.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

I booked 6 tickets through Alcatraz trips in May 2012 for my family . Last week I requested the tickets as we are leaving for the US in 2 weeks. The same day my card was used to purchase airline tickets for South Africa and a holiday on Expedia. The bank stopped the tour tickets going through because of all the other activity. When I contacted Alcatraz trips Brighter images via email it was returned as undeliverable .I have since sent two more emails to the address on the site and have had no reply.It may not be there fault that the site was comprimised but customer service would suggest that some sort of reply would have been nice.

Edited: 6:45 pm, December 11, 2012
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,759 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

jgc69 sorry if you have an issue, we can try to help but not sure posting on someone else post is the way to do it. Alcatraz trips ? Never heard of that company. Please go to www.alcatrazcruises.com and there is a contact section. If you have issues it would be best to call them. With all the internet telephony options out there, international calls are relatively inexpensive

The official site which is www.alcatrazcruises.com sells tickets up to 90 days in advance. You could not have purchased tickets for say December all the way back in May? Which company did you use?

Edited: 7:00 pm, December 11, 2012
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,289 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

belo ~ the company is www.AlcatrazTrips.com and they are definitely a 3rd party reseller of tickets. What a misleading name!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

jgc69 ... was this the site: https://www.alcatraztrips.com/aboutus.asp

To be quite honest, that site looks very unprofessional. Especially considering that Alcatraz is part of the National Parks System.

If you had checked this forum earlier you would have gotten the proper information on how to order Alcatraz tickets. And saved yourself a lot of headaches.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,759 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

Thanks guys -- searched for them after I responded. Perhaps we can send our TA friends from Berkeley to Orinda to shake them up. They charge 10 bucks more plus 4 bucks handling fee so you pay 14 extra.

For 6 tickets 84 bucks more. Well at least the poster saved 84 bucks thanks to their bank

Edited: 7:16 pm, December 11, 2012
Bognor Regis
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcatraz tours ?????

well my question is alcatraz day tour or night tour? which is better.