We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco Airport Hotels

Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
San Francisco Airport Hotels

Thank you to whoever is reading this.

We are coming over from Australia for two nights and are trying to find accommodation near the airport (SFO). We wanted to stay in the city but our flight out of SFO is really early in the morning and my partner is not a morning person. Can anyone give some advice? I have done searches on hotels.com etc and find places but then search them in tripadvisor and people say they are not nice. I am getting confused and thought I would just ask straight out, where should we stay? I like the look of the newer Four Points Sheraton but have read some bad reviews.

I guess our price range is up to 150 US per night.

Many thanks, Kelly

California
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

any three or four star Priceline.com SFO hotel will have shuttles to the airport. Check "biddingfortravel.com" for winning bids, dates and hotels so you learn more about which hotel you may get.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

Another traveler who opted to stay in the airport area really liked the Staybridge Suites. She and her family traveled in March, so you may find rates higher in the summer:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/sb/1/en/home

A friend of mine chose the Embassy Suites by the airport.

Make sure they have shuttles to the South San Francisco BART station so you can easily get into San Francisco for the day.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

I have stayed at, and enjoyed, the Sheraton Gateway Hotel at SFO twice now for business. The rooms are clean and on the larger side. The hotel is also far enough back from the highway (the 101) and the airport that noise wasn't a problem.

Just as a note, they do charge for parking.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

I too am travelling to and from SFO in June & have booked la quinta inn & suites first night $79 inc breakfast (good reviews on trip advisor) and last 2 nights Sheraton Gateway $71 a night (plus $13 parking, no breakfast). I couldn't afford to stay in san fran as we are in the U.S. for 30 nights.

Goodluck

Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

Thank you to everyone for your help. It seems as though because we are arriving mid week we are having to pay ridiculous prices. I have emailed Sheraton Gateway to see if they can offer us anything better, but I doubt it.

Thanks again!

Missouri
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

We have a reservation for our last night in San Francisco (July) booked at the Super 8 in San Bruno. Price is $70 with free parking.

California
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

If you are staying at the Sheraton, you might be able to park at Embassy Suites and walk about 3/4 mile to the Sheraton, follow the path around some office buildings. If you pass the Sheraton, there's a restaurant and some parking on the back side of the Sheraton (it is posted no parking after 2am but I have parked once and no problem)

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

Here's a list, if it provides you more selection:

http://www.san-francisco-sfo.com/hotels.html

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

We are booked to stay at the Holiday Inn Express near the airport. Their internet rate was $99 per night. They also provide free shuttle to/from the airport. There reviews were good.

Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: San Francisco Airport Hotels

I actually took the plunge and booked through hotwire last night. I was a little nervous as I would not know where we were staying until I paid for it, but it all turned out okay. We are staying at the Sheraton Gateway and I am very happy. I was researching this place and wanted to stay there but thought it was too expensive. It worked out a little cheaper through hotwire.

Thanks to everyone's help!!! I will definately post a review when we return to Australia (after our round the world trip through Europe too!)