We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcatraz/hop on bus

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
alcatraz/hop on bus

travelling in june with two my two sons in their twentys who do not want to do a 3 hour city tour but are keen to go to alcatraz, would the 2 day hop on bus and alcatraz tour that i saw on a tour page be worth going for adult price was $49.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alcatraz/hop on bus

There are many tour companies offering city tours packaged with Alcatraz tour. Please search "Alcatraz" on the search field and "tour" for detailed discussion of pros and cons of that. In short, it's a fine way to go, but some tour companies package Alcatraz with a city tour that includes a service charge for the privilege of booking the Alcatraz tour for you. There is only one exclusive provider of Alcatraz tours, so any other companies are merely the go-between. I just finished posting an extensive deconstruction of such.

Since you are traveling in June, and planning to take a city tour anyway, it may be the way to go. Just be aware that some companies charge more for the Alcatraz pass-through and some do not, preferring to make their money on their city tour part of the package.