We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay nightlife

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fs1
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Gay nightlife

looking for some tips for a Thursday night for two 26 year-old gay visitors to SF... not very 'scene-y' but looking at staying either in SOMA near the Stud or on Market at Castro - any suggestions are appreciated! thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay nightlife

Check out:

http://www.castroonline.com/

www.castroonline.com/castro/clubland.html

www.sanfrancisco.com/nightlife/gaybars.shtml

Or go anywhere. You will always find gay people at any venue or restaurant.. I'm sure that you will be quite comfortable wherever you venture.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay nightlife

Once you get into SF, you'll find plenty of flyers for the clubs/bars and their special events happening that week at the various stores in the Castro. You can also pick up the free papers (SF Weekly, Bay Guardian) and check out the listings for what's going on the nights that you are here. One other suggestion would be to go to this website: www.craigslist.org and ask a few questions on the queer forum, which is listed under the discussion groups (I think...my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details)....hopefully you'll get more specific answers there.

Berkeley
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay nightlife

Hello - Just a word of advice, if you haven't made your hotel reservations yet, I would strongly suggest that between the two locations you mentioned you stay near Castro. The Stud is located in a pretty sparse, heavily car trafficked area without much to recommend it. Nearby is pretty much nothing you can walk to. Castro and Market, on the other hand, is in the middle of everything. Cafes, restaurants, stores, bars, the Castro Theater, the list goes on and on. You can take a cab to The Stud one night and check out the scene there, but for the sake of a nice vacation, don't stay near there. Yes, the Castro is more of a scene, but you can apick and choose what part of the scene you want. Plus, it's just a lot of fun there, whether you are gay or straight. Hope you enjoy!