We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Millbrae to Candlestick Park

Honolulu
3 posts
Save Topic
Millbrae to Candlestick Park

Going to my first 49ers game. How do we get there from The Dylan, using public transportation?

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,476 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

Take BART from Millbrae to the Balboa Park Station, and catch the Muni 75X to Candlestick. $12 round-trip for the Muni portion.

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mroutes/3comsvc.htm

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

Take BART to Balboa Park Station and transfer to Muni's 75X- Candlestick Express. Should cost $3.80 each way on BART and $12.00 round-trip special event fare on Muni. Go 49ers!

Honolulu
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

Thanks guys!

Honolulu
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

Thanks guys!

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

Rather than dealing with the hassle of BART and Muni, I would save time and energy and take the cheaper, nicer 49ers express bus.

http://sanfranciscofootballbus.com/route_map

Red Route 880 picks up at Millbrae BART and drops off directly at Candlestick. The fare is $20 round-trip per person.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

Dear all,

Instead of starting a new topic I thought to continue here.

I am going to the Seahawks@49ers game tomorrow. I am staying in San Mateo.

I was thinking of driving the car up to a BART station or similar and taking a bus from there. Can anyone recommend good places for parking and good transfer to the stadium.

The San Francisco football bus is not an option because I might need to stick around after the game.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

Is taking the CalTrain an option?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

The Bayshore Cal Train station is technically walking distance from Candlestick but it's not a neighborhood I'd be walking around in.

If you really need to "stick around after the game" then drive. However, unless you have a media or other pass, I don't think they encourage fans to "stick around." And the neighborhood around Candlestick does not encourage one to hang about afterwards either.

The Muni buses serving Candlestick (including the shuttle to the "T" line) continue to leave the stadium "until all waiting customers have been accomodated."

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mroutes/3comsvc.htm

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

RemblinSal, thanks for the comments.

How long before should plan to arrive to avoid the worst traffic or the lots fill up?

Plan B, is to go with the San Francisco Football Bus and park in Burlingame or something.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,804 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Millbrae to Candlestick Park

If you are going to drive them I suggest you leave 2.5 hours before game time as you can see the tailgating outside as an observer and the pre game festivities just inside the gates. Two hours before you will still see some parking lots are getting crowded. If you are staying on after the game at night I would drive