We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tommy's Tequila Bar??? Other Tequila Bars/Stores?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tommy's Tequila Bar??? Other Tequila Bars/Stores?

I am head to San Francisco for the first time and I stumbled upon this place (http://www.tommystequila.com/). Has anyone ever been? I love Tequila and would like some reviews/tips from real people.

Also, are there any other tequila bars or liquor stores with a BIG selection of tequila in the SF area? Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tommy's Tequila Bar??? Other Tequila Bars/Stores?

Oooh - I'm a bit of a tequila aficionado and can give you some pointers

Tommy's definitely is the tequila bar to go to. As you can see from their website there is a HUGE selection of tequila and the margaritas are world famous - it's also a decent Mexican restaurant if you want to eat. The bar area is kind of small and it gets crowded just about every night so I'd get there early if you want to sit at the bar.

As far as places to buy tequila there is BevMo which has a few locations in the city and has a good selection. My other favorite is Mike's Liquors at Mission and Geneva - really good selection, good prices and they will even deliver within the city for free with a minimum purchase of $100

http://www.mikesliquors.com/

Edited: 8:44 pm, October 03, 2012
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tommy's Tequila Bar??? Other Tequila Bars/Stores?

Thanks for the heads up. In regards to the $100 free delivery...Is that deliver to my hotel? Does someone drive it to my hotel?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tommy's Tequila Bar??? Other Tequila Bars/Stores?

AFAIK they would deliver it to your hotel\ - but half the fun is being in the store and looking at all the different bottles!

Edited: 9:09 pm, October 03, 2012
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tommy's Tequila Bar??? Other Tequila Bars/Stores?

Another place with a good tequila selection worth mentioning is Tres Agaves at 130 Townsend at 2nd in the SOMA district. Dining is more upscale (and more expensive) than Tommy's but they also have an excellent selection of tequillas and margaritas

sf
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tommy's Tequila Bar??? Other Tequila Bars/Stores?

Agree with Sean on Tommy's , good Tokillya but Ok food. Also Don Ramons on 11th St near Civic Center. The best place is gone- (Cadillac Bar).

Haven't tries Tres yet but also heard good things.

6. Re: Tommy's Tequila Bar??? Other Tequila Bars/Stores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, December 14, 2013