We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Had a great time

nottingham
Level Contributor
263 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Had a great time

Just wanted to say thank you for all your help planning this trip. We got back last week and had an amazing time. Stopped at the Grand Hyatt in Union Sq and although the lobby is under construction the rooms are lovely and it's in the best location.

Got our muni tickets from the SF visitor centre in Union Sq pre booked giants anda night tour of Alcatraz and did all the other usual sights such as walked the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Saulsalito, Napa, Marina area etc etc.

To many restaurants to mention but a good breakfast spot was cafe de la presse 2 blocks from Union sq.

Thank you again. Want to come back soon.

One note of caution witnessed a pick pocket on the trolley buses going from Market St to Fishermans Wharf so be vigil at all times.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,129 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Had a great time

Glad you had a great time and thanks for your quick update. As far as pickpockets go, absolutely that is a concern in any major city, We've seen them in NYC and Seattle and actually experienced one in the Metro in Madrid and were warned about it in the touristy part of London.

nottingham
Level Contributor
263 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Had a great time

Please do not think I was criticising the city. I love San Francisco, it was just the first time I had actually witnessed it for my own eyes.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,807 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Had a great time

I'd be extra vigilant on the F-Market historic streetcars. While they are used by some locals during commute times, the section that travels between the Ferry Building and Fisherman's Wharf is heavily tourist populated. So, easier pickings.

Cleveland, Ohio
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Had a great time

Yes the Fishermans wharf route seemed to be full of tourists last time I was there. It was still nice though and not over the top

5. Re: Had a great time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 15, 2013