We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in May

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in May

Hi! I will arrive in San Fran on May 1 until early May 5. I was thinking about booking a tour to get all of San Fran and hear some history, but I've read that large buses aren't convenient b/c of the traffic and narrow streets. Thus, they don't allow tourists to get off and take pictures. So my question is, what is your recommendation as to getting all the sights of San Fran? Should I do my own tour or is there a tour (in a mini van) that allows passengers to get off to take pictures??? Thanks!!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in May

Try www.Sanfranshuttletours.com Many other tourists on this site have mentioned this tour. You can get off and take pictures. checkout their web site.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
98 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in May

thanks will check it out!

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in May

If you do a search using the search field just above your question (under the green bar), type in "hop on hop off" and see what you get.

There have been several postings about that and you will get some additional tour company names from that.