We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toy Store Around Union Square

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
255 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Toy Store Around Union Square

Hi any recommendation for a Toy Store around Union Square?

Thanks

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,374 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toy Store Around Union Square

I don't really know. Toys-R-Us closed. But a google brought this up.

yelp.com/biz/go-toys-games-and-puzzles-san-f…

You mght try a google too.

sf
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toy Store Around Union Square

No toys stores around this area, the last closed a few years ago, but a small store in West Portal. Closest Toys R US would be on your way up 101 in Redwood City off of Vetrans Blvd, or over in the Bridgeport Shopping Center, of 92 in Foster City.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toy Store Around Union Square

I still recall a fun day at FAO where Barney's is now. Took charge of a radio controlled duck and had it heading up and down the escalators barking orders at everyone. (Needless to say I bought it.)

Sadly gone now.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,705 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toy Store Around Union Square

Not officially Union Square, but very close is one I've been to called Jeffrey's Toys As far as I can tell they're still open. Address is 685 Market Street (where Market, Geary & 3rd all meet).

Here's a link to their website:

www.jeffreys-toys.com

hope this helps,

hlo

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toy Store Around Union Square

Karikter m.yelp.com/biz/karikter-san-francisco has a selection of European-type toys and books. Babar, Madeline,The Little Prince, that kind of thing. They are a bit pricey and precious, but they do have some interesting things.

I once spent $50 on a block set of an Egyptian pyramid there to give to my partner's cousin's kids. I thought it was pretty neat and splurged, but the kids didn't seem to care much. In subsequent years they've been getting whatever cheap, plastic, mass-market merchandized crap is on sale at Target, made in China, and tied to the flavor of the month cartoon. Ok, so I'm a little bitter. ;-)

But the moral of the story is not to spend here with their high prices if the kid will not appreciate it.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,243 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toy Store Around Union Square

Near Union Square is Jeffrey's (which is still open), Karikter (more European items like Asterix, Babar, the Little Prince, at 418 Sutter), Go! Toys and Books in the Westfield Center on Market Street, and the Disney Store on Stockton.

Within a mile is Ambassador Toys at the Embarcadero Center.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
255 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toy Store Around Union Square

Jeffrey's Toys was a great option really close to Union Square, thanks for the recommendation!!!

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,243 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toy Store Around Union Square

Glad it worked out for you!

9. Re: Toy Store Around Union Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, June 18, 2013