We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bushman at Fisherman's Wharf

Avondale, Arizona
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bushman at Fisherman's Wharf

There have been several posts today about the Bush Man at Fisherman's Wharf. My daughter said she saw him last weekend and his antics were hilarious. I found this on wikipedia; it includes a video clip of him in action:

…wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Famous_Bushman

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bushman at Fisherman's Wharf

Bushman is the current reigning champ of Fisherman's Wharf. I do miss the Human Jukebox, Grimes Poznikov, who died too soon in his 50s not long ago.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bushman at Fisherman's Wharf

I'm afraid that this gentleman's antics are hilarious only when the public humiliation is happening to someone else. Unlike Bush Man, most people get over the titillation of jumping out from behind things and scaring others some time around first grade.

Memphis
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bushman at Fisherman's Wharf

I encountered the "bushman" in the Fisherman's Wharf area on a recent trip. He got a smile and a laugh but nothing more. Yes... his tactics are a bit childish, but I can't say that he "spoiled" the experience at all. Just give him a laugh and a bit of change and just keep stepping. There's far too many other things to see and do to focus on his antics.