We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you still find vintage clothing in second hands stores??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
can you still find vintage clothing in second hands stores??

Just wondering do you have a lot of charity/good will shops in and around san francisco,and is there any good vintage stuff or is it already snapped up by locals -or sent to vintage shop owners??

like in sydney its easy to find a vintage item but you pay big money for it,most charitys here know all about vinatge so mark up big time.

But sydney outskirts you can still find a beautiful vintage dress for say $5,getting harder but its still doable if you know when and where to go

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,360 Reviews
from $105.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,798 Reviews
from $126.00*
Special Offer
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,629 Reviews
from $61.20*
$68.00
NORTH CAROLINA
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you still find vintage clothing in second hands stores??

Most vintage stuff is not cheap over here either maybe if you were in a rural area you might happen upon a find but doubt you will in a big city like SF imo.

My daughter likes vintage stuff also.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you still find vintage clothing in second hands stores??

Thrift stores are very picked through...vintage clothing is most often found at vintage clothing stores and not thrift, and def. not cheap. Let me know if you'd like some recs-- or you can do a search on yelp too.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you still find vintage clothing in second hands stores??

thanks guys,i thought so,just thought Id ask and maybe somebody might let slip in private a secret location LOL I swear i wont spread it LOL

we say op shopping here in austalia and im an op shop queen

I love retro as well .

Sydney is shocking but where i am 1 hour south i know some great spots.like say jeans calvin /levi,country road Id pay around $10,,in the city from $50 for an example

I found a little antique store in hawaii by accident getting on the wrong bus mind you,and found this rare thing we collect,would never of dreamed looking in hawaii LOL

4. Re: can you still find vintage clothing in second hands stores??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, February 12, 2013