We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wonderful San Francisco

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Wonderful San Francisco

I made my second trip toSan Francisco in 15 years for a week in January and loved it even more than the first time.

Everything and everyone was just so hospitable from the cab driver on our arrival at the airport to the staff at Saks and Maceys. San Francisco and her people are definately the most friendly and accomodating that I have encountered on my travels. It is such a relaxing yet adventurous city. Taking a stroll around the wharf (fantastic chilli and chowder and beautiful deli style cafe's abound here)through the parks to the marina and The Golden Gate Bridge is spectacular, so is the walk from The Legion of Honour to Seal Rocks and The Gatehouse (the restaurants at The gatehouse not only offer spectacular views but also sensational food and service).

And the walk in Golden Gate Park was so peaceful and beautiful.The walks in and around the Castro and its surrounds (including the lookout just to the right of the Castro)were marvellous.

Must also mention The Cartwright Hotel on Sutter Street, such a great hotel for the rates they charge, small rooms yes, but what rooms they are and service is so gracious and personable.

There is far too much to tell about the great things to do and see in San Fran, so I will stop. Do yourself a favour and include San Fran on your next US itinerary. I know I will again this December. Must also mention the coach trip we did to Napa and Sonoma. We had a fantastic day, visiting 3 wineries, Viansa Market, Madonna Estate and Kirkland Ranch.They really do make lovely Sauvignon Blanc in these area's, I wish I could have taken more of it back to Sydney.

Sydney
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wonderful San Francisco

Sorry for re-posting this, I unknowingly posted the original under Yellowstone national Park forum.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,411 posts
5,223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wonderful San Francisco

Glad you had a good time.

If you have any specific questions regarding planning your next trip, let us know! Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wonderful San Francisco

Thanks for the feedback. It's always helpful to get other perspectives. You can beat the Australian heat here, in December. See you then.