We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

calgary alberta
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

HELLO AND HELP

Anybody stayed at the Suites on Fisherman's Wharf?

My hubby went ahead and just booked us in! I can not find one review on the place anywhere (not in travel books or on the internet) which leaves me nervous and doubtful!

We rarely get to go on a holiday and this will probably be our final one with our teens for a long long while-sure would hate to be "bummed out" by the accomodations! We are looking at staying at 3 star- clean - updated hotels

Please - DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE KNOW OF THE SUITES AT FISHERMANS WHARF!!!!!!!

Help -

A desperate housewife

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

I have no first-hand information, but have looked into booking it myself. My feel is that it's a time share. It's difficult to book accomodations as it's always full. The pictures are very flattering....if it's as nice as it looks, it will be fine. If I'm not mistaken it's close to Ghirardelli Square. Sorry I have no more info....maybe someone who knows will speak up! Have a great trip...don't stress!

Hortonville...
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

Found you a review from a timeshare owner - Yes, this is a timeshare resort. I looked at the average prices - and yes, it is a bit pricey - but you do get a suite - full kitchen, etc. Great location, for sure. There are other hotels in the area where you may get a better rate - at least for one room, but I think you won't be disappointed, from what I've read and found.

For the review, copy and paste this URL:

igougo.com/planning/…

I hope that this helps you out - if there's anything else you need help with - post it - you'll get a lot of help on this forum - there's some great people here.

Good Luck!

John

calgary alberta
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

Thank you John and "Bucket" So helpful.

As John has found out it is a timeshare, and thanks to his "samaritan-like" help, I got to see one review of the place by one of the owners.

This does help! I am starting to feel better about it - really thanks so much!

John you went beyond to extend that helping hand!

I would love to hear more about it if anyone out there has more for us!

From A Little Less Desperate Housewife

Sacramento, CA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

If you are not too sure about time share you mentioned, try the Argonaut Hotel...brand new and very near to Ghiradelli Square and the cable car line. My wife and I toured the place when we were in the city at Christmas and it looked wonderful.

calgary alberta
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

Thank you for replies

Has anybody else actually stayed here!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
10 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

I am planing to go there in few weeks. Did you stay thare in January? How was your experience? Does it have easy parking available? Do you may return to that Hotel in the future? Have other recommendations?

California
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

do you have an address and maybe I could find it that way?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
10 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

I was asking the Cowtownfamily about their stay in that Hotel. But any other comment will be good.

Suites At Fishermans Wharf

2655 HYDE STREET

San Francisco, California94109

415-771-0200

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anybody know anything about the Suites on Fishermans wharf?

I haven't stayed there, but I have toured the show unit on a timeshare tour (that I took to "earn" part of my parking fee at the Donatello.) It's nice, however, unless you plan to actually use the kitchen facilities, you can save a lot of money by booking rooms through Priceline.com The Sheraton at Fisherman's Wharf is currently going for $65.00 a night. You could get two rooms for less than you are paying for the Suites on Fisherman's Wharf. The big hotels on Union Square are going for around $85.00 a night.

Do your research first on www.biddingfortravel.com At the top of the San Francisco listing, they show you what hotels Priceline.com uses in each *accomodation category (and they don't use bad hotels--the Hyatt, Sheraton, Hilton, etc.) in the various parts of the city. After you've seen the listing, go to the forum where people report back on what hotels they got for their bids. You'll see that by using Priceline, you can stay in a nice hotel in San Francisco for a fairly small amount. Then go to www.Priceline.com and make your bid. They don't switch you; if you bid on a 3* on Fisherman's Wharf, if the bid is accepted, that's what you'll get. :)

Pat