We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dungeness crab

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester Springs, PA
Level Contributor
82 posts
83 reviews
dungeness crab

My daughter loves crab and i'm looking for a kid friendly restaurant that serves crab legs. I also need to go somewhere that serves non seafood items like steak for my other daughter. Any options that aren't too expensive?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: dungeness crab

The terminology "crab legs" makes me think Alaskan King crab not Dungeness.

Our Dungeness is not in season so anything you find will be either frozen or flown in from elsewhere.

--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: dungeness crab

The edible meat in a Dungeness crab is split pretty evenly between the body and legs of the crab. This means:

1. You find Dungeness crabs on menus as either whole or half crabs (as well as various dishes using Dungeness crab meat).

2. If you see crab LEGS being offered on a menu it pretty much translates to either Snow or King crab being served. Neither is held in particularly high regard by Dungeness crab fans so you mainly expect to find it on the menus of chain restaurants, as well as restaurants who cater to the visitor trade.

3. Re: dungeness crab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 04, 2012